[Wrf-users] cfl error in very complex topography

David Ovens ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:42:51 MDT 2013

Jorge,

I see you have tried many of the recommended steps.  Have you tried
setting epssm to a larger number?  For my 4th domain, 0.2 is
sufficient
 epssm       = 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2,
but you might want as much as 0.4 or even higher.  Change that in the
&dynamics section of your namelist.input file, rerun real.exe, and try
your run again.

David
David Ovens		 e-mail: ovens at atmos.washington.edu
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
                                  http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops