[Wrf-users] cfl error in very complex topography

Jorge Alejandro Arevalo Borquez jab at meteo.uv.cl
Fri Jun 14 11:36:11 MDT 2013

Dears,

I am trying to run WRF over Central Chile. I am using 4 nested domains, the
finner one has 1 km of horizontal resolution with 50 vertical levels.
Domains includes Aconcagua mountain wich is about 6900 masl.

When I run wrf I get cfl errors at few seconds after start in grid-points
near to Aconcagua, but wrf crash in the call to radiation parametrization.

I tried to decrease time-step, use adaptive time-step, edit GEOGRID.TBL  to
use 1-2-1 smooth option, change my set of parametrization. Even I tried to
edit geog data and apply a simple filter to smooth topography near
aconcagua region. All efforts has concluded with the same cfl errors.

Any advice is welcome

Regards

Atentamente
Jorge Arévalo Bórquez