[Wrf-users] model vertical levels

Elena Maria Pison San Pedro emp at dhi.com.sg
Tue May 21 20:39:07 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the vertical levels in the model. I'm running
WRF3.4 using GFS as initial and boundary conditions. GFS has 26 plus the
surface level, thus 27 levels in total.

In my namelist.wps file I have indicated 23 and however in the wrfoutput
file is indicated 27!

What does then mod_lev accounts for? And how can I know to which
pressure levels correspond the 27 levels in the wrfout file?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Elena

Elena Pison San Pedro

MSc Meteorology

Modelling  Researcher

DHI Water & Environment (S) Pte Ltd

1 Cleantech Loop

#03-05 CleanTech One

Singapore 637141

Tel:

+65 6777 6330

Direct:

+65 6777-6330

emp at dhi.com.sg <mailto:emp at dhi.com.sg>

www.dhigroup.com

The expert in WATER ENVIRONMENTS

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive this message for the intended recipient), you
may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
any information contained in it thereof. If you have received this
communication in error, please advise the sender
appropriately by reply e-mail, and then delete it. Thank you very much.