[Wrf-users] Obsgrid: Observations at diff times of 00, 003, 006... How to make read them?

Elena Maria Pison San Pedro emp at dhi.com.sg
Thu Jan 17 03:03:52 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm running obsgrid with surface observations originally in METAR
format. The observations are not at round hours and some of them are
even every ~30 min. After transforming them into little-r, I've tried to
merge them into files named as round hours  00,003,006 as my interval =
10800 (3hr). This way, It seems obsgrid is able to read (see image
below) that there are 3 observations in the file MERGE_OBS:2012-12-04_00
with contains the 3 observations for 2012-12-04 : 05hr, 05:30hr and
05hr.

The problem is that the output OBS_DOMAIN* is always empty. So it seems
(see image) that the final "observations for those intermediate times =0
".

Any idea on how can I solve the problem in order to make read this
observations (05hr, 05:30hr and 05hr) ???

Thanks a lot in advance and my best wishes for the new year!

Elena Pison San Pedro

M.Sc. in Atmospheric Sciences

Meteorologist Researcher

RDI Department

DHI Water & Environment (S) Pte Ltd

1 Cleantech Loop

#03-05 CleanTech One

Singapore 637141

Tel:

+65 6777 6330

emp at dhi.com.sg <mailto:emp at dhi.com.sg>

www.dhigroup.com

The expert in WATER ENVIRONMENTS

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive this message for the intended recipient), you
may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
any information contained in it thereof. If you have received this
communication in error, please advise the sender
appropriately by reply e-mail, and then delete it. Thank you very much.