[Wrf-users] serial, dmpar or smpar

javier rodriguez javiroma at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 03:50:47 MST 2012

Hi,

I have been using wrf for a couple of years in serial mode but, now,
I'd like to learn something about smpar and dmpar. I have a couple of
questions and I thank you in advance any help.
First, I'm wondering if it makes sense to run wrf in smpar o dmpar
mode in a intel i5 or i7. I don't know if smpar and dmpar are only for
clusters.
The second, is if I need to have two compilations of netcdf: the
serial version and the parallel version, this with hdf5 parallel, zlib
parallel and wrf built with the same mpicc compilers.

Thank you very much.