[Wrf-users] Best system

William Alan Harrison wah091020 at utdallas.edu
Thu Oct 18 09:51:51 MDT 2012

I am looking at using WRF to model severe convective storms and wanted to get some input on the best system to use (i.e. least issues with installation, configuration, and running). We are currently running Mac OS 10.6 but wouldn't be opposed to building a linux or windows box if that is a better option. If linux is the best choice what flavor would you suggest? Also, what specs (memory, processor, etc.) would you suggest at a minimum for smooth/quick compiles and post processing.

I thought about posting this to wrfhelp, but decided a community consensus might be better. Thank you everyone for any input you can give me.

William Alan Harrison
Ph.D Candidate, Physics
William B. Hanson Center for Space Sciences
University of Texas at Dallas.