[Wrf-users] About WEASD field

Min Zhu min.zhu at res-ltd.com
Thu Oct 18 09:37:11 MDT 2012

Dear WRF-users,

Some reanalysis data provides WEASD (Water Equivalent of Accumulated
Snow Depth) .  I wonder how WRF deals with this field.

If WEASD doesn't equal to zero, does it mean that the surface is covered
by snow? Will WRF change surface roughness accordingly

to reflect this? Thanks very much.

Yours sincerely,

Min Zhu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential, and is protected by copyright. It is directed to the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message, and then delete the e-mail. Unauthorised disclosure, publication, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited.  Any communication of a personal nature in this e-mail is not made by or on behalf of any RES group company. E-mails sent or received may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.