[Wrf-users] problem in generate obs file for WRFDA when running OBSPROC

秦琰琰 qinyy at nmefc.gov.cn
Thu Oct 11 04:35:11 MDT 2012

Dear wrf users and wrf help,

      I have to create observations of ocean wind data from a scater-meter,which is similar to Qikscat data, and use it as input file to run WRFDA. Where should I add information of observation errors in? Should I put them in the little_r format observation file? or should i use obserr.txt provided by obsproc when generate "obs_gts_yyyy_mm_dd_hh:mm:ss.3DVAR" file?

       I have created a little_r format observtion file , and have generated a "obs_gts_yyyy_mm_dd_hh:mm:ss.3DVAR" file through OBSPROC section. But it seems observation errors are not correct in this file(in the attachment).

      Thanks in advance for any sugguestions and help.

Yanyan Qin

2012-10-11

Yanyan Qin,
Numerical Forecasting Division,
National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center,
No. 8, Da Hui Si Road, Beijing, China, 100081,
Tel: +86-10-62105848