[Wrf-users] how to run WRF with no leap year calendar

Rui Mei meir02ster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:46:05 MDT 2012

Hi, Ufuk,

Thanks for the reply. Now I understand that only /external/esmf_time_f90 is
used with WRF to calculate time. The actual ESMF code is within the folder
/external/io_esmf and to enable this part, we need to set ESMF_COUPLING  to
1 and also install ESMF libraries, right? But the coupling with ESMF is not
needed in my case, so What I need to do is to change the code in external
folder, e.g., to hardwire it to noleap calendar instead of gregorian
calendar. Is that correct ?

Another question: do I still need to add that -DNO_LEAP_CALENDAR to the
macro ARCH_LOCAL in configure.wps file ?

My machine is down for now. I will test it later today and let you know if
I can fix it. Meanwhile if someone can offer an exact solution, please let
me know.

Thanks,
-Rui