[Wrf-users] help: WRF outputs

Andrew Robbie (GMail) andrew.robbie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:54:45 MDT 2012

Some fields are 'instantaneous' like wind velocity (whatever that means,
depends on the time step and the accuracy of the model) and some are
accumulated, like rainfall, over the duration of the output time step. The
accumulated fields are marked as such in the wrf output, use ncdump to look
at the header. Unfortunately there is no naming convention.

You have to be careful therefore that instead of deleting unwonted time
steps outputs that you merge them if you care about totals.

Andrew
Not a meteorologist