[Wrf-users] help: Forecasting with WRF?

Elena Maria Pison San Pedro emp at dhi.com.sg
Sun Jul 1 22:34:30 MDT 2012

Hello,

My question is regarding the capability of WRF to do forecasting. The
common utilization of WRF is using GFS (ex. 6hourly) with analysis or
forecasts files. Anyhow, WRF is running by itself between 2 GFS files,
and we can say, it is preforming a forecast of 6 hours. Am I right?

-          when the model arrives to the time step of the new GFS file
(time+ 6h), how it integrates the information of the already atmospheric
situation and the info from the GFS new file?

-          Is it then possible to run WRF beyond the last GFS analysis
or longer than this intervals?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Elena