[Wrf-users] How to determine/choose values of the listed parameters in WRF (NMM CORE)

MORRIS KENOBI ISIMA kenimor at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 15:38:43 MDT 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am new to WRF and I am having problems determining the correct values of the following listed parameters and would really appreciate if anyone could help.

-ptimes (Time to process)

-dskmcib (Grid spacing, in km, of the centered domain)
-miycorsib, mjxcorsib (number of grid points in y and x directions respectively, of the center domain)

-miyib, mjxib ( number of grid points in the y and x directions respectively, of the fine domain)
-yicornib, xjcornib (Centered domain y and x locations, respectively, of lower left corner point of the fine domain)
-dskmib ( Grid spacing, in km, of the fine domain)

Note: I have downloaded Global data from (http://rda.ucar.edu/dsszone/ds083.2/index.html?g=1), using it to run a location in Malaysia with lat=2.935 and lon=101.692 and rotated_ll as the map projection on the namelist.wps.
I have problems running the "ripdp_wrfnmm" and the "rip" and I suspect my inability to determine the correct range of values for these listed parameters could be the reason for my difficulties. Herein attached are some of the input files and a log file from the rip used to run the WRF NMM CORE maybe it could help in deciding where my problems are coming from.

Thanks for the anticipated assistance,
Kenobi Isima