[Wrf-users] WRF efficiency on different architectures

Don Morton Don.Morton at alaska.edu
Thu Mar 22 10:16:48 MDT 2012

Dear WRF Users:

I would like to point you to a site that a handful of us have been working
on, albeit unfunded, for about a year

http://weather.arsc.edu/WRFBenchmarking/

At this page you'll find single-domain benchmark cases meant primarily for
testing raw WRF computations from domains of hundreds of thousands to over
a billion grid points.  These cases have, in fact, been used by NSF and US
Department of Defense as part of required benchmarking for acquisition
proposals.

A second set of cases is more "real world," intended to help users test the
nested domains of odd configurations that they're more likely to use.

We have lots of ambitions for this site, but again, the whole effort is
volunteer right now.  Your comments are appreciated and, if you choose to
test some of these cases we would very much appreciate your allowing us to
post these findings.

Best Regards,

Don Morton and Delia Arnold

Voice:  +1 907 450 8679