[Wrf-users] Error Compiling RIP4:

MORRIS KENOBI ISIMA kenimor at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 21:59:07 MST 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am trying to compile RIP4 and got the error "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c" on line 151 of the generated rip4 compile log file as attached herein. I have tried lots of possible suggestions from WRF forum yet non of the suggestions seems to work right with my situation.
From the compilations before giving the error, eight of the executable files were generated except "rip, ripdp_wrfarw, and ripdp_wrfnmm"

I am using Linux in Ubuntu 11.10 32bit platform with gcc -version 4.6.1 and gfortran as the compiler. I have been able to installed wrf and wps successful using the same platform and compiler.
I will really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Thanks,

Kenobi Isima MorrisAMIMechE

PhD Research Student
Faculty of Engineering
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

-