[Wrf-users] GFS data

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Wed Feb 8 18:28:29 MST 2012

You should use gfs.t12z.pgrb2f00 -- the file naming convention is such
that f00 at the end points to the forecast lead times - in this case
at 0 hour lead. The txxz refers to the start time of integration in
UTC.

saji

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Gisele dos Santos Zepka
<giselezepka at bol.com.br> wrote:
> Hello users,
>
> I need to run WRF for 24 hours using 0.5 deg GFS data (analysis from 12
> UT + 24 forecasts). So, my first GFS file is gfs.t12z.pgrb2f00 (that I
> believe to be the analysis) to gfs.t12z.pgrb2f24 every 3 hours. I don't
> know if these are the right files to use. I am confused btween two
> files: gfs.t12z.pgrb2f00 and gfs.12z.pgrb2f12, because I don't know
> which of them is the analysis and from each I consider the beggining of
> the forecast files.
>
> Any help will be welcome.
>
> Thanks.

> Dra. Gisele dos Santos Zepka Saraiva
> Meteorologist - Atmopheric Electricity. The g
> National Institute for Space Research - INPE
> Av. dos Astronautas, 1758
> São José dos Campos, SP
> Brazil, 12227-010
>
> Phone:++55(12) 3208-6841

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
Fax:+81242 37-2760