[Wrf-users] wrf sst_update strange looking plot

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 06:22:27 MST 2012

Hi,
After having solved countless problems, I can currently run the WRF model (hopefully for more than 1 year). However, the plots for Temp at 2 metres look strange in CDAT (Climate Data Analysis Tools). At time=0 (initial time), thet at 2m looks fine, but out of nowhere a mask is applied to the rest of the time. Files are attached:

I am having problem pinpointing the cause of the problem. Could it be caused CDAT or the .ctl files? This only happens when I set sst_update =1 in namelist.input (as well as the others sst_update  associated options). I have ruled out problem caused by interpolations in geogrid & such. I would appreciate someone pointing my mistake. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Ardie