[Wrf-users] FW: Adjusting vertical levels

Feng Liu FLiu at azmag.gov
Fri Jan 13 09:14:02 MST 2012

From: jasonpadovani at gmail.com [mailto:jasonpadovani at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jason Padovani Ginies
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:12 AM
To: Feng Liu
Subject: Re: [Wrf-users] Adjusting vertical levels

Works magic!  Thanks,

Jason
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Feng Liu <FLiu at azmag.gov<mailto:FLiu at azmag.gov>> wrote:
Jason,
The error message you provided indicates the num_metgrid_levels for input data is 27, but you set it as 65 in your namelist.input. The mismatched vertical levels resulted in the crash, I think. You may have different vertical levels as defined by e-vert, and WRF will do interpolation from num_metgrid_levels to e-vert. However,  num_metgrid_levels  in the namelist.input should be the same as input data. Just straightforward double check this number from your met_em.d0* file. I think it should be 27 rather than 65. Hope that is helpful.
Feng