[Wrf-users] timestep and wrfout timing problems

Gisele dos Santos Zepka giselezepka at bol.com.br
Fri Jan 6 09:43:53 MST 2012

Dear WRF users,

I'm attaching a sample of my namelist.input used to run WRF 3.3.1 with 4
domains. At first, the timestep was 6*dx, but due to an CFL error, I had
to reduce the timestep to 5*dx, that solved the CFL problem, however the
names of the wrfout files is full hours anymore, they have minutes and
seconds on the filename, making it impossible for me to use them this
way. I also tried the adjustable timestep options in namelist.input, but
overtime I run real.exe the program crashes with a fatal error in line
9116 when it tries to read namelist.input commands. So I can't run
wrf.exe with these options. I have no idea of what is going on. If you
could help in any of these subjects I'll be very appreciated.

I'm still trying to make some tests, but the wrfout filenames are still
messed up.

Gisele

Dra. Gisele dos Santos Zepka Saraiva
Meteorologist - Atmopheric Electricity
National Institute for Space Research - INPE
Av. dos Astronautas, 1758
São José dos Campos, SP
Brazil, 12227-010

Phone:++55(12) 3208-6841