[Wrf-users] Initial conditions for WRF

Gisele dos Santos Zepka giselezepka at bol.com.br
Tue Jan 3 04:40:01 MST 2012

Dear users,

I am running WRF in high-resolution for a domain in South America and I
want to test the model sensibility for different initial conditions.
Usually I initialize WRF with GFS analyses and forecasts (1 degree x 1
degree or 0.5 degree x 0.5 degree).
To accomplish my study, I am looking for other initialization data that
cover my domain region. I read something about the FNL analyses (1
degree x 1 degree), but I believe that they are very similar to GFS.
Please, could anyone send me data suggestions and if there is
avalability of these data for download?

Thanks

Dra. Gisele dos Santos Zepka Saraiva
Meteorologist - Atmopheric Electricity
National Institute for Space Research - INPE
Av. dos Astronautas, 1758
São José dos Campos, SP
Brazil, 12227-010

Phone:++55(12) 3208-6841