[Wrf-users] ZERO Precipitaion

Ehsan Beigi ebeigi3 at tigers.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 3 13:50:00 MST 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Happy New Year :)

thanks for your previous help. i am using CAM2WRF code to convert ccsm
format to WPS intermediate format , the problem is that the ccsm doesn't
have relative humidity (RH), and instead they have specific humidity
(SPECHUMD) and i just replaced the RH with SPECHUMD in CAM2WRF code, and
also my met_file does include SPECHUMD, but after running WRF the
precipitation become zero . if this method is incorrect, could i calculate
RH from specific humidity using this equation before running CAM at WRF code (
by assuming constant values for *ρws** = density of water vapor** and ρ** =
density of the moist or humid air (kg/m3)**)*

*x = 0.622 φ ρws / (ρ - ρws) 100%**         (1)*

*where*

*x** = specific humidity of air vapor mixture (kg/kg)*

*φ** = relative humidity (%)*

*ρws** = density of water vapor (kg/m3)*

*ρ** = density of the moist or humid air (kg/m3)*

I appreciate your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Ehsan Beigi