[Wrf-users] ARWpost for GrADS application

Young, Jeremy, K jeremy.young868 at topper.wku.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:42:01 MST 2011

Hi Jason,

I've seen a similar error message before when attempting to compile ARWpost.  I fixed this problem by adding the following to the configure.arwp file:

--LDFLAGS should now have -L/path/to/netcdf/lib   -lnetcdf -lnetcdff
--CPPFLAGS should now have -I/path/to/netcdf/include  and -R/path/to/netcdf/lib
--Change the "-O" flags to match that of netcdf during compile, probably "-O2".

Changing the optimization flags, LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS will likely fix your problem.  The-R/path/to/netcdf/lib will eliminate another problem that I ran into when trying to run ARWpost.exe in which an error message saying that there was an "error opening shared libraries ...".  If you see this message, you can use a command like " ln -s /path/to/netcdf/lib/libnetcdf* ." issued from the ARWpost directory to link the necessary libraries and allow them to be referenced.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy Young
System Administrator
Climate Research Lab