[Wrf-users] Explanation of array dimension in module_sf_sfclay?

Anders A Nottrott anottrot at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 16 13:18:32 MDT 2011

Hi All,

I am looking into the surface layer module for Monin-Obukhov similarity in
LES (module_sf_sfclay.F).  I wondered if someone could confirm the actual
spatial variables associated with 3D domain variables.  For example, there
is a 3 dimensional array 'U3D' containing u-velocity interpolated to theta
points, so U3D has indices (i, j, k).  For now I am working on the
assumption that these indices correspond to:

i = x-dimension

j = z-dimension

k = y-dimension

Can anyone confirm whether this is correct?

Regards,

Anders

Anders Nottrott

PhD Student, Mechanical and Environmental Engineering

University of California, San Diego

Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

Website: <solar.ucsd.edu/nottrott>