[Wrf-users] Ensemble run

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Thu Jun 2 20:13:43 MDT 2011

I am not very sure about it, but DART may contain utilities to help create
ensembles (disclaimer: i have not yet used DART)
http://www.image.ucar.edu/DAReS/DART/

saji

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Rudra Shrestha <
rudra.shrestha at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear users,
> I want to make ensemble run to investigate effect of aerosol and
> temperature on rainfall. I can make change in the aerosol by changing
> variables in the microphysics scheme (e.g. Morrison scheme) but don't
> have very good idea how to make change in the temperature. I tried to
> change in the potential temperature ('TT' variable in met_em* file)
> using 'ncsave' function in Matlab. However there are significant number
> of files and it is really time consuming while changing in the
> individual met_em files. So I was wondering if there are any standard
> method to make ensemble run in the wrf or make change variables in the
> met_em* file. I am using NCEP2 data.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Rudra

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
 email: saji at u-aizu.ac.jp