[Wrf-users] Query Reg the wind forecast from WRF.

Geeta Geeta geeta124 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:03:42 MDT 2010

Dear All,
I have doubt regarding the SURFACE WIND variables avaiable from WRF output.
I have the following
u10m           1  0  Rotated wind component (m s-1)
v10m           1  0  Rotated wind component (m s-1)

Kindly tell me what are Rotated wind components.
How to compute the actual wind/ surface wind (at 10m) from these Rotated wind component s at a particular point.
Is there any output variable which gives directly the windspeed and Direction?

Thanks