[Wrf-users] Query regarding multiple simultaneous depressions

Preeti preeti at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Thu May 20 09:05:52 MDT 2010

Hello

Thank you for the response.

In WRF, the vortex following cyclone-tracking feature exists only for
well-developed cyclones. I have three questions.

1. What is the criteria to track the secondary cyclones that you
mention? Do they have a moving 'eye' like in a cyclone?
2. During which part of the year do these depressions occur in the
Asian region?
3. What variables in the wrfout* files would show that there are
multiple depressions in a region?

Thanks in advance
Preeti