[Wrf-users] configure WRF with LAT-LON projection (Feng Liu)

Steve smasters at cfl.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 03:24:21 MDT 2010

A couple of points...

*  You may want to check with the developer of the WRF-EMS system to see
if global lat-lon grids are well supported by his special version of the
Domain Wizard.

*  Note that wrfpost (at least the version that comes with NCAR wrf
3.1.x distribution) --does not-- properly handle the lat-lon grids.  I
have confirmed this with several e-mails with wrfhelp.  Grib files can
be created but they have invalid grid projection information.   I don't
know if the other post-processing utilities handle this grid.  You will
probably need to view the data using the WRF netCDF files.  I'm pretty
sure the NCAR Graphics/NCL scripts can properly display lat-lon grids
from the netCDF files.

Stephen Masters  masters.steve at ensco.com
ENSCO, Inc.
Melbourne, FL