[Wrf-users] error when running mcip3.2 with wrfout file

~袅人~ jessezhang1010 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 02:14:55 MDT 2010

Hi,users

I'm running mcip 3.2 with wrfout file as CMAQ needs meteorology infomation input,but it prompt the following error msg.

I modified some options in namelist.input and Registry.EM according to FAQs for mcip3.2:

I want to run MCIP with WRF model data.  What do I need to do?

There are a handful of things that need to be done in WRF to run MCIP with WRF

data.

  1. The WRF model must be WRFv2.0 or newer.

  2. Must use the WRF-EM core.  (WRF namelist variable dyn_opt=2.  This is the

     default.)  MCIPv3 does not support WRF-NMM (NCEP core).

  3. Output must be in WRF I/O API (using NetCDF) format.  (WRF namelist

     variable io_form_history=2.  This is the default.)

  4. Must use non-hydrostatic dynamics in WRF.  (WRF namelist variable

     non_hydrostatic=.true.  This is the default.)

  5. WRF output should be hourly at most.  (WRF namelist variable

     history_interval=60, or fewer, minutes.  The default is 180 min.)

  6. The following 2D variables need to be added to the WRF output (history)

     file:  UST, ALBEDO, EMISS, and ZNT.  Variables can be added to the history

     file by adding "h" in the 8th column of the WRF Registry on the line that

     describes the variable.

Also, the water vapor mixing ratio and mixing ratios associated with the

explicit moisture can go negative in WRF.  This is a result of the mass

conservation and the advection scheme used in WRF.  Negative mixing ratios will

cause problems in CMAQ.  There are two namelist variables in WRF that eliminate

negative mixing ratios (mp_zero_out and mp_zero_out_thresh), but they are not

invoked by default.  Users need to decide whether or not this should be

controlled in WRF or downstream.  Either way, MCIPv3 will not permit negative

mixing ratios to be passed to CMAQ.  In addition, a floor value of 1.0e-14 kg/kg

has been set for water vapor mixing ratio in MCIP since negative mixing ratios

are otherwise zeroed out in WRF.  A positive water vapor mixing ratio is

required for the aerosol model in CMAQ.

Maybe someone can tell me where the error locates and how to fix that?
Thanks in advance !

Jesse Zhang
College of Information Technical Science,Nankai University
94#, Weijin Road, Tianjin 300071
jessezhang1010 at gmail.com