[Wrf-users] problem with real.exe and ECMWF data

Sam Hawkins s.hawkins at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 01:59:43 MDT 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to use ECMWF ERA-interim data as boundary conditions. Ungrib
and metgrid seem to work OK, but when I run real.exe it crashes with
the  error:

forrtl: severe (66): output statement overflows record, unit -5, file Internal Formatted Write

Previously I had no problems when using NCEP FNL data.  I've linked all
of my log files and intermediate files here:
http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0792974/wrf/  Does anyone recognize this error?

Many thanks,
Sam.

--
Sam Hawkins
Institute for Energy Systems

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.