[Wrf-users] WRFV3.1.1 issue

Irene Gallai irene.gallai at arpa.fvg.it
Fri Mar 19 02:10:41 MDT 2010

Hi Elliot,

I think you could have setted the namelist entries nproc_x and nproc_y
in the &domains
section with the wrong values; correct values should give you as their
product (nproc_x * nproc_y ) the number of processors used.
In alternative you could use the defaukt values  setting them both to -1.
So if you want run tour code with 8 processors you should set nproc_x or
nproc_y  respectively to 1 and 8 or 2 and 4, just to make an example.

If the entries in your namelist are not wrong maybe you make some
mistake when launching the executable? How do you specify the number
of processors?

I hope this could aid you

Irene

Elliot wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I am having problems running WRFV3.1.1 on more than one processor.  I
> am running WRF on a university computing cluster, and have run WRFV3.0
> successfully on this same cluster using any number of processors
> (usually, this number has been 8).  The problem I'm having with
> WRFV3.1.1 is it isn't recognizing that I want it to run on 8
> processors, and will give me an error when running any of the /run/
> directory executables such as real.exe, wrf.exe or ndown.exe, as
> follows:
>
> -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
>  FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  module_dm.b  LINE:     125
>   WRF_DM_INITIALIZE (RSL_LITE): nproc_x * nproc_y in namelist ne
> 1
>  -------------------------------------------
> [unset]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
>
> This looks like a compiling issue possibly, but I'm not sure where to
> look.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or look at?
>
> I greatly appreciate any feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elliot Tardif.

+------------------------------------+
  Irene Gallai

  Agenzia Regionale per la Protezione dell'Ambiente (ARPA FVG )
   Via Cairoli 14
   I-33057 Palmanova (UD) ITALY
   tel centr.: +39 0432 922611
   e-mail : irene.gallai at arpa.fvg.it
+------------------------------------+

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA
"Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei
suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o
responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il
messaggio per errore, non dovete trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a
nessuno. In tal caso, dovete cancellare/distruggere il messaggio ed i
suoi allegati. Grazie."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
"Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its
attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or
responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have
received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver
this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete/destroy this
message and its attachments. Thank you .