[Wrf-users] WRFV3.1.1 issue

Elliot tornadodrummer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 13:07:55 MDT 2010

Good afternoon,

I am having problems running WRFV3.1.1 on more than one processor.  I am running WRF on a university computing cluster, and have run WRFV3.0 successfully on this same cluster using any number of processors (usually, this number has been 8).  The problem I'm having with WRFV3.1.1 is it isn't recognizing that I want it to run on 8 processors, and will give me an error when running any of the /run/ directory executables such as real.exe, wrf.exe or ndown.exe, as follows:

 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  module_dm.b  LINE:     125
  WRF_DM_INITIALIZE (RSL_LITE): nproc_x * nproc_y in namelist ne
1
[unset]: aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

This looks like a compiling issue possibly, but I'm not sure where to look.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or look at?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Elliot Tardif.