[Wrf-users] Help! computing experts

Xingang Fan xingang.fan at wku.edu
Wed Mar 17 14:34:13 MDT 2010

Hi,

Is there anybody out there who has experience of putting together a
small HPC cluster to run WRF model? I would appreciate it very much if
you could give any suggestions.

GOAL: I got an empty room and some funding (12-15K), and hope to have
WRF modeling results from there. So, what computing hardware and
software should I put into that room?

I have seen that DELL has different PowerEdges, but have no ideas about
which one is the most appropriate one for our tasks.  I hope to have at
least 32 cpus, some disk space (~10TB). But to configure a small HPC
computer out of those DELL options seems too hard for me. Please share
your experience and help me out!

-- Xingang Fan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor
Dept. Geography & Geology