[Wrf-users] Fw: WRF3.0

Mikhail Titov TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com
Mon Mar 15 13:59:35 MDT 2010

"Yap, Mike" <M.Yap at massey.ac.nz>
15/03/2010 07:29 p.m.

"Wrf-users at ucar.edu" <Wrf-users at ucar.edu>, "wrfhelp at ucar.edu"
<wrfhelp at ucar.edu>
cc
"TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com" <TitovM at ap.aurecongroup.com>
Subject
WRF3.0
Project
Not assigned ...

Hi All,

Need some advise with the new setup on WRF3.0. We have a cluster running
on ROCKS 5.2 (CentOS 5.3) 64bit. We have configured pgi 10, openmpi-1.4.1,
netcdf -4.01 and ncarg5.1.1 on it. We have user running jobs with WRF2.2
and it work fine with single grid, 3- grid and 4-grid. So far, we success
on running single grid on WRFv3.0 but fail on 3-grid and 4- grid.

We have similiar setup on another cluster with ROCKS 4.3 (CentOS 4) and
all version of WRF work fine on it. Please advise
We have uses the same configuration on the both cluster

We select the following while running the configuration
3.  Linux x86_64, PGI compiler with gcc  (dmpar)
1 Basic

and changes on file configure.wrf (
DM_FC           =       mpif90
FCOPTIM         =       -O3 -fastsse -Mvect=noaltcode -Msmartalloc
-Mprefetch=distance:8 -Mfprelaxed # -Minfo=all =Mneginfo=all

Following is the error log from running WRFv3 with 3 grid.

 starting wrf task             0  of             8
 starting wrf task             1  of             8
 starting wrf task             2  of             8
 starting wrf task             4  of             8
 starting wrf task             5  of             8
 starting wrf task             6  of             8
 starting wrf task             7  of             8
 starting wrf task             3  of             8
mpirun noticed that process rank 3 with PID 19609 on node
compute-0-5.local exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).
real 2.04
user 3.87
sys 0.17

Please advise