[Wrf-users] two way nesting.......

Bakshi Hardeep Vaid hardeep_vaid at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 30 23:49:30 MDT 2009

Dear All,

Yours help will be highly appreciated.

I am running WRF for mumbai case using two way nesting with three domain.

Physics options for two way nesting I kept as

Domain 1:
Mp_Physics               = WRF single momentum 6- class scheme
Long wave radition  = Rapid radiative transfer model scheme
Short wave radition = Dudhia Scheme
Surface
clay physics = MM5 similarity: Based on Monin-Obukhov with
Carslon-Boland viscous        sub-layer and standard similarity
functions
Surface physics         = Noah Land Surface Model: Unified NCEP/NCAR/AFWA scheme with soil
temperature and moisture in four layers, fractional snow cover and frozen soil physics
PBL physics                = Yonsei University scheme
Cu_Physics                 =  no micro physics

Domain 2:

with same options as Domain 1

Domain 3 :
same options domain 1 and 2 but cu_physics we will keep Grell-Devenyi ensemble scheme.

WRF run is successful But I am not getting exact Mumbai heavy rainfall. I am attaching figure for Domain 1, 2 and 3 along with namelist.input file. Please go though suggest what wrong is there.

Thanks
Bakshi

DR. BAKSHI HARDEEP VAID

(M. Sc, B. Ed., M. Tech., Ph. D.)

Mobile:  +919714111991

Email:   hardeep_vaid at yahoo.co.in

       Yahoo! India has a new look.  Take a sneak peek.

      Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/