[Wrf-users] Vtable error

Ulas Im ulasim at chemistry.uoc.gr
Thu Oct 8 07:44:19 MDT 2009

Hello

I am trying to run WRF with fnl data. I use Vtable.GFS as the variable table
but ungrib.exe crashes not finding the vtable, as fallowing

*** Starting program ungrib.exe ***

Start_date =  2007-12-25_00:00:00 ,      End_date = 2008-02-01_00:00:00

output format is WPS

Path to intermediate files is ./

 ungrib - grib edition num           1

 ***** ERROR in Subroutine PARSE_TABLE:

Problem opening file Vtable.

File ''Vtable'' does not exist.

ERROR:  ***** Stopping in Subroutine PARSE_TABLE

On the other hand, when I try to look at the vtable with g1print.exe, I get
the following error:

Copen: File = Variable_Tables/Vtable.GFS

Fortran Unit = 6948128

UNIX File descriptor: 3

 rec GRIB GRIB  Lvl  Lvl  Lvl         Time      Fcst

 Num Code name  Code one  two                   hour

Error trying to read grib edition number in gribsize.

Possible corrupt grib file.

 Incorrect edition number  =           76

 Skipping the rest of the file and continuing.

***** End-Of-File on C unit   3

What might be the problem

Thanks in advance

Ulas Im, Dr

Environmental Chemical Processes Laboratory (ECPL)

University of Crete, Department of Chemistry

P.O. Box 2208 71003 VOUTES

HERAKLION, CRETE

GREECE

TEL: +30 2810 394195