[Wrf-users] not writing some rsl output files

Scheinine, Alan ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Alan.Scheinine at usace.army.mil
Fri Sep 4 08:36:35 MDT 2009

I looked at the mailing list archive and the README.namelist and cannot find
the answer to the following question.  I need to run a job on 8192 processes
and the number of rsl.out.* and rsl.error.* files seems to be a problem for
the file system.  I do need rsl.*.0000 and rsl.*.0001, but not the rest.  Is
there a run parameter to reduce the number of files?

Alan Scheinine
HPC Service Center
U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Major Shared Resource
Center
Vicksburg, MS