[Wrf-users] Is bogussing a two-step process?

Yang Cao ycao at atmos.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 27 17:37:14 MDT 2009

Hi there,

I do not quite understand how to do insert bogus typhoon in two steps
in WRFV3.1.
Below is my understanding, could you please have a look and see
whether my understanding is right?

In the first step, I set 'emove_storm' to be true and
'insert_bogus_storm' to be false in' &tc ',
after that I change the name(auxinput into met_em) and edit
namelist.input and then run real.exe and wrf.exe.

In the second step,I set 'emove_storm' to be false and
'insert_bogus_storm' to be true in' &tc ',
after that I change the name(auxinput into met_em) and edit
namelist.input and then run real.exe and wrf.exe.

I think maybe it is not necessary to do so many repeated steps. Please
give me some instructions.
Thanks very much.
Best regards,
Yang