[Wrf-users] cloud-scale modeling with the new monotonic advection scheme

Hailong Wang Hailong.Wang at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 4 11:24:07 MDT 2009

Dear WRF users,

I would like to point you to three papers recently accepted for
publication in AMS journals. They are all closely related to using
WRF-ARW v3.0 with the new monotonic advection scheme (in v3.1) and a new
double-moment cloud microphysics for cloud-scale modeling. I wish you
find them interesting.

Evaluation of scalar advection schemes in the Advanced Research WRF
model using large-eddy simulations of aerosol-cloud interactions
<cid:part1.09030204.04050906 at noaa.gov>. /Mon. Wea. Rev./, in press.

Modeling mesoscale cellular structures and drizzle in marine
stratocumulus: The microphysics and dynamics of the boundary region
between open and closed cells <cid:part2.00070908.06090902 at noaa.gov>.
/J. Atmos. Sci./*, *in press.

Modeling mesoscale cellular structures and drizzle in marine
stratocumulus: Impact of drizzle on the formation and evolution of open
cells. <cid:part3.07080007.05070508 at noaa.gov>  /J. Atmos. Sci./,/ /in
press.
**/ /
If you have problems accessing the AMS "Early Online Releases" following
the links above, we would be happy to send you the manuscripts.

Thanks,

Hailong

--

Hailong Wang, PhD

CIRES/University of Colorado, and ESRL/NOAA

Mail: 325 Broadway, R/CSD2, Boulder, CO 80305

Tel:  303 497 6615

Fax: 303 497 5822

E-mail: Hailong.Wang at noaa.gov