[Wrf-users] NaN in wrfout

Jorge Alejandro Arevalo Borquez jaareval at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:16:17 MDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to run WRFV3 with 5 nested domains (grid ratio=3, finer at 500
meters of resolution and 64 vertical levels) for a 4 days period.
Initialised with 6-hours and 1 degree FNL files. I try it on a few different
architectures:

1. Altix 450 (Itanium) compiled with ifort and icc (MPI)
WRF runs with no errors messages, but the wrfout files contain NaN Values
for most of variables after one and half day.
2. Double Quad (Xeon Nehalem) with ifort and icc (OpenMP)
WRF crash at first time step before calling radiation scheme. This happen
even changin physical parametrizations, i tried a dozen of sets of them.
3. Itanium with Infiniband compiled with ifort and icc (MPI+OpenMP and only
MPI)
Same as 2

I've checked outputs from WPS and them looks fine.

I attach original namelist.input and namelist.wps and an output from crashed
runs

Any comments are welcomes

Jorge Arévalo Bórquez
Departamento de Meteorología