[Wrf-users] Saving precip variables in auxiliary history file

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Mon Apr 6 14:23:09 MDT 2009

I want to thank everyone who replied to my question. I was able to get the precip variables saved to auxhist2. Also I discovered a couple of things that may be important for some users:

1. There are already several variables being saved to auxhist1 so I guess it's being used for some special application. So I decided to use auxhist2 instead so that only the variables I want are saved.

2. Having 'rh2du' in the registry file will not give the same results as having 'rh02du'. The former will save the variable to auxhist2 but will NOT save it to the default history file, even though it would be saved there with 'rhdu'. The '0' is necessary to save the variable in both the default and the auxiliary history files.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org