[Wrf-users] WRFV3 installaion problem

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Mon Apr 6 13:52:00 MDT 2009

Hello Vijay,

The error messages in the log file indicate that you may have used gfortran/gcc to build netcdf. You need to use the same compilers (ifort/icc) to build netcdf as you are using to build WRF. If you have multiple netcdf builds (e.g. one built with ifort/icc and another built with gfortran/gcc) then your NETCDF environment variable is probably set to the gfortran/gcc build. Make sure you set NETCDF to point to the ifort/icc built version of netcdf.

Some helpful instructions on how to build netcdf using Intel compilers is at:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers/

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org