[Wrf-users] Aktar: WRF-Var compilation error with intel compiler

Şeyda Tanrıöver tanriovers at itu.edu.tr
Thu Feb 12 05:57:02 MST 2009

Hello,

We unpacked the file and made a new compilation in a new directory.
According to us, the problem is wrong order in compilation script.
Because, the Fortran source files that have USE statement in them,
which calls the modules are compiled prior to the required modules.
For example as you can see in the log output in the attachment in line
639, while compiling da_par_util.f it requires "module_domain" mod
file, so that it should already have compiled into object code.
However module_domain.f file is compiled at line 5285 in the log
output. There are other people who had the same problem with Intel
compiler as in

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler-for-linux-and-mac-os-x/topic/62166/

How can we solve this problem? Although we are trying to figure out
the code dependencies in the whole WRF-VAR source code, this will take
a considerable time. We are looking forward for your solution.

Best wishes
Abdullah Kahraman, Seyda Tanriover, Deniz Ural

Res. Ass. Şeyda Tanrıöver
Istanbul Technical University
Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Department of Meteorological Engineering
34469, Maslak ISTANBUL/TURKEY
phone:+90 212 285 31 22

Alinti WRF Help <wrfhelp at ucar.edu>