[Wrf-users] installation problem in WRF+ESMF

Gerardo Cisneros gerardo at sgi.com
Tue Aug 26 07:31:26 MDT 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, [UTF-8] Ufuk Utku Turunçoğlu wrote:
> I try to install WRF to couple with ROMS model. I am using WRF version
> 3.0.1.1 and ESMF version 3.1.0r. I get following error messages in
> compile time. System specific informations are,
>
> redhat linux as 4u4 (Linux cn02 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL_SFS2.2_1smp #1 SMP
> Tue Feb 26 11:50:41 EET 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
> intel compilers (ifort & icc 10.1.012)
> intel mpi (3.0)
> [...]
>
> fortcom: Error:
> module_esmf_extensions.f, line 450: This name has already been
> assigned a data type.   [SN]      INTEGER(ESMF_KIND_I4) :: year,
> seconds, Sn, Sd
> ----------------------------------------------^
> [...]

Intel Fortran compilers are very strict with regard
to proper syntax, and they do not forgive duplicate
declarations, even if they declare the same type for
the offending item.  (The Fortran standard explicitly
forbids declaring a given item more than once.)  In
consequence, it is safe to say that module_esmf_extensions.f
needs fixing.  In the above statement, 'Sd' needs to
be removed.  The failure to compile the first module
may (and probably does) cause lots of errors in the
compilation of subsequent sources.

Saludos,

Gerardo
--
Dr. Gerardo Cisneros	|SGI (Silicon Graphics, S.A. de C.V.)
Scientist             	|Av. Vasco de Quiroga 3000, Col. Santa Fe