[Wrf-users] Processing duration for WRF Model

Jonas Kaufmann me at j0nes.de
Tue Mar 4 00:41:15 MST 2008

Hello,

thanks for your replies. It is nice to get some performance
estimations for this. And I see that resolution of the model is the
main aspect for CPU time. I think I will use a low resolution to cover
the whole area and then experiment on using higher resolution for
smaller regions inside the main area.

One thing I forgot to mention: I only want to compute some variables,
i.e. wind10m, temp2m and precipitation. Therefore I would only need
very few vertical levels. Does this change your estimation for the
computing time?

Again, thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
Jonas Kaufmann