[Wrf-users] WRF Model Version 2: Experimental Nudging Options

Dan Dansereau ddansereau at hydropoint.com
Fri Dec 28 18:02:14 MST 2007

To All
After reading a considerable amount of contradicting email about the observational nudging - I feel that I need to ask the experts a set of yes/no questions, and possibly why.

1) Does the observational nudging work on "the surface" / or lowest or inside the boundary layer?

2) Do the surface only stations nudge or change the data above the boundary layer?

And

3) If number 1 is no - could you point me to some documentation/reference material as to why this is this way?

Thanks in Advance
Dan A. Dansereau
Director - WeatherTRAK Climate Center
1.800.362.8774 Main Office