[Wrf-users] Fw: WRF OpenMP

nick nick.chepurniy at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 15 16:39:17 MST 2006

Hi,

I  have downloaded WRF and compiled it for the

Single domain, medium size. 12km CONUS, Oct. 2001

using MPI on a Linux system ( 8 nodes and with 8 processors per node).

In the WRF documentation there is some reference  to the namelist.input file
for runs to be done using OpenMP.  I am using PGI fortran.

Besides turning on the OpenMP switch  on the compiler,
what else needs to be set up ?

Specifically, what changes are required in the namelist.input file ?

In the namelist.input there are some variables like:

&bdy_control

 open_xs                             = .false., .false., .false.,
 open_xe                             = .false., .false., .false.,
 open_ys                             = .false., .false., .false.,
 open_ye                             = .false., .false., .false.,
 nested                               = .false., .true., .true.,
 /

Which one's should be set to .true.  if I want to use 8 OpenMP thread per
node ?

Anything else needs to be done for a OpenMP run ?

What about the mpirun command ?

Thanks,

Nick