[Wrf-users] problems with time step for Betts-Miller-Janjic cu_physics

José Augusto paixão Veiga veiga at cptec.inpe.br
Thu Jun 22 07:22:02 MDT 2006

Hi dears,
I am running a heavy rainfall case over northest of south america with
differents cumulus parameterizations. When I set time step equal to 6dx for
options 1 and 3 (respectively, Kain-Fritsch & Grell ensemble schemes) I have no
problems. However several time steps (5dx, 6dx, 7dx ...) do not overcome my time
step problem when I set Betts-Miller-Janjic cu_physics scheme (option 2 into
cu_physics).

Does anybody either face similar problem or knows how to fix it?

thanks in advance
--
                  José Augusto Paixão Veiga
   Centro de Previsão de Tempo e Estudos Climáticos (CPTEC)