[Wrf-users] Ingested SST file getting warped

mpborkow at ncsu.edu mpborkow at ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 23 14:14:48 MST 2006

I'm trying to ingest an SST overlay I made using GEMPAK, which I converted
to GRIB, into WRF using WRFSI.  The SST GRIB file has an LCC projection
with projection angles that match that of my WRF grid.  The trouble is,
when I plot the SST fields that I get as my WRF output, it does not match
the SSTs I ingested.  It looks as though WRF may have incorrectly tried to
interpolate my SST file to my WRF grid and the result is my data has been
warped, with the stretching/displacement being more extreme in the
northern parts of my domain.

I wonder if my GRIB file does not contain enough navigation information
for WRFSI to properly interpolate the file to my WRF grid or if I've done
something else wrong in the WRFSI process that would've caused the
problem.  Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Matt
Graduate Student
North Carolina State University
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences