[Wrf-users] on wrfprep.nl

Graziano Giuliani giuliani at lamma.rete.toscana.it
Tue Jun 7 01:32:07 MDT 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 17:58, Vasso Kotroni wrote:
[...]
> Then i am trying to run wrfprep.pl  which fails because only the
> hinterp.d01 file at the initial time is produced.
> I look into the log/*.hinterp and there is no Error the only thing is that
> i am getting HINTERP. Completed for domain 1
> after the 00 file is written out. What is the problem? It seems that it
> does not know that it should continue with other files.
[...]
> Could anybody help me with that?
> I would very much appreciate the help
[...]

I have found something similar on Opteron with PGI compilers coming out using
optimization for a non-initialized value of variable current_time used at
line 308 of file module_hinterp_setup.F.

[...]
DO WHILE(current_time .LT. end_time)
  CALL geth_newdate(current_time, prev_time, interval)
  prev_time = current_time
  IF (current_time .LE. end_time) THEN
     num_output_times = num_output_times + 1
     output_times_temp(num_output_times) = current_time
  ENDIF
ENDDO
[...]

current_time is not initialized in the module subroutine init_hinterp, so the
program never enters the DO WHILE loop and only the first time get processed.
I corrected this inserting line 298:

[...]
! Build list of times
current_time = '0000-00-00_00:00:00'    ! correct initializing of current_time
IF (start_time .EQ. end_time) THEN
     num_output_times = 1
[...]

Hope this helps (note this behaviour is not present using same compiler on
x86-32 with Athlon, but I think this is a program fault anyway...).

 Graziano.

                             \ | /
                             (@ @)

 LaMMA - Laboratorio per la Meteorologia e la Modellistica Ambientale
         Laboratory for Meteorology and Environmental Modelling
 Via Madonna del Piano, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI)

     tel: + 39 055 4483049
     fax: + 39 055 444083
     web: www.lamma.rete.toscana.it
  e-mail: giuliani at lamma.rete.toscana.it