[Wrf-users] Local SST ingest

Etherton, Brian betherto at email.uncc.edu
Tue May 24 09:32:44 MDT 2005

Hi there folks,

I want to incorporate a locally generated SST file into my WRF runs, and
need some help in making this happen.  The file I am getting is a pretty
simple text file: there are 177 by 177 values.  I get a lat, lon, and
sst for each of my 177x177 points.  And that's it!  It looks like so:

    1   1   24.5098  -84.6553    27.47

    1   2   24.5457  -84.6563    27.55

    1   3   24.5816  -84.6574    27.51

    1   4   24.6175  -84.6586    27.59

    1   5   24.6534  -84.6597    27.54

I know that I need to make some sort of 'intermediate file' out of this
text file.  I can convert to binary... but then the path gets uncertain.

I do know that some folks have done the work to ingest an SST file... so
any hints/suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks,

Brian E.