[Wrf-users] Problem Compiling WRF on Athlon Linux CLuster

Luke Hindman platypus at techemail.com
Mon May 9 07:34:06 MDT 2005

I haven't played with OpenMosix much, but I did run into a similar issue
when installing WRF.  My problem was that during  during compilation,
PGI was using the LAM MPI executables in /usr/bin to compile MPI support
into wrf.

 From my notes, it appears I did the following to correct the problem:

Downloaded src for mpich-1.2.6, compiled, and installed.  ( I had other
problems with the version that comes with the PGI CDK).
export MPICH=<path to mpich installation>
export LINUX_MPIHOME=$MPICH

Then I PREpended the path to the MPICH bin directory to the system path

export PATH=$MPICH/bin:$PATH

That solved to problem for me, hopefully it will for you as well.

--Luke